Marketers in the U.S. will be spending more time and money on online video this year than ever before, according to a December survey by PermissionTV. More than two-thirds of survey respondents said they would focus their budgets on online video this year.
Additionally, more than one-half of respondents expect to implement or extend an online video project in the second quarter of 2009.
eMarketer estimates that in the next four years marketers’ spending on online video advertising will reach $4.6 billion, more than seven times the amount spent in 2008.
The reason for the jump in spending – audience. eMarketer projects that more than four out of five Internet users will watch online video ads in 2012, up from the two-thirds of people who did so in 2008.
If you’re one of those marketers planning to focus more of your budget on online video, check out some of our top related posts to help you get started:
- 6 ways to work video into everyday marketing
- Viral marketing videos that spell success
- New marketing ideas from the best viral videos
- Business to business guerrilla video tactics
- Spread your marketing message with product demos