Business websites are “a highly valued and indispensable source of information” in the eyes of business decision makers, according to a survey released late last year by the Association of Online Publishers (AOP) in the UK.
Their research showed that 97% of business decision makers choose B2B websites as the media most used for work.
Other key findings include:
- 51% of business decision makers choose business websites as their preferred source of business information.
- 60% ranked business websites as an “essential” source of information in their work.
- 60% consider business websites as sources of information that they couldn’t get anywhere else.
- 56% visit B2B websites first when researching/informing business decisions
- 55% visit B2B websites first when researching/informing purchase decisions
The survey also revealed that 82% of all business decision makers use at least one business to business digital delivery mechanism for work, rising to 91% among regular B2B websites users. Email alerts/newsletters are the most popular (51%) form of delivery.
When it comes to advertising, 43% of business professionals are more likely to respond to ads on a business website than advertising in other media.
Of those surveyed, 70% reported that business to business websites offer more engaging content and advertising than other business information sources and considered them to:
- Offer instant access to information (79%)
- Save time (77%)
- Offer innovative ways to access information (74%)
- Allow business decision makers to interact with peers more efficiently (69%)
Visit AOP UK for additional details from the report.